What's your idea for The Knot?

Share with Spouse

I feel there should be a button or feature where once someone has created an account to plan their wedding it can be shared with their spouse or partner. That way they can add and share ideas even when they're not together.

514 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO

66 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jennifer Hay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My fiance should be able to log into the same account. He is involved in the planning, so I want him to also be able to access my account.

• askenyon4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After creating the website on the knot, creating the invites with the website URL and sending them to print. That's when we realized that you automatically linked with registry information with her account. I'm the one creating the webpage, because I've set up dozens. How can we not link our accounts? So all the information that we both put in isn't lost. I mean it should be worth it for you business model, you are getting an other point of contact, your vendors can double the amount of views their advertisements get.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! Groom here. I was trying to figure out how I could get copied on the RSVPs to see what everyone replys with. Unfortunately it looks like only one email address (the bride) can be used. Any way to rectify?

Thanks,
    -Brian

This is the first thing I want to do after signing up an account-- sharing with my fiancee. Now I have to share the account password with her.

The knot......how do you have a wedding planning app that does not allow for app sharing. Do you really think that every bride is planning her own wedding alone? This is 2019 that initial comment was from 2017.....it’s been 2 years, what are you waiting for?

• chelsea malone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having issues with the rsvp website or even app.

we have our rsvp set to public and then once someone researches their first name it will find them in the guest list and ask if they have a plus one and will let them add it

however if they add their first and last name it will find them but not ask them or allow them to add a plus one.

• Smiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature too! My fiance is overseas and it would be so much easier if he could collaborate.

• Ed Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow both people to have login credentials. I know it's unusual for both people to be interested in the planning, but it would make it easier for the other person to view the options and give input if he/she could login on their own.

• Angie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes and with my wedding planner or anyone I am having help plan (family, friends etc)

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised there's no place to add my fiance's email (at least not that I see?). We're planning everything together so it's a bit of a pain in the butt if I have to just relay things to him - there should be an option so the other can see when we add/adjust things in here, too. I can just have him log in under the same credentials but I would have thought you guys would be more encouraging of a couple working on this together..you know, considering a marriage is supposed to be 50/50 :)

• Katherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave the username and password to my fiance, niece, and sisters so they could update as needed. I know this is not necessarily "collaboration" but it allowed them to make changes and updates that I could see.

• Shelli Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wedding Wire allows couples to share the same information back and forth and to receive notifications. Why hasn't the Knot caught up here?
    Men are modern now and want to be just as involved with the wedding--plus, I don't have time to make all the decisions. I need his help and he needs access to see everything I've organized.

• Deborah J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this happen? My step-daughter lives in NY and she is planning a wedding here in LA where both her Mom and Dad (and stepmom) live. Since we will be helping her from here, it would be great to have a collaborative app so all parties are up-to-date on the plans.

totally agree... and looks like this suggestion wasn't taken seriously. Not sure how we're supposed to use this website if we don't have equal access.

• Erika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe you still cannot add your fiancee to the site. I downloaded both The Knot and The Wedding Wire apps upon my engagement to see which UI work best for me: one or maybe both. Thankfully The Wedding Wire can accommodate co-planning. I hope at some point, with all this feedback over the span of 3 years about wanting the option to co-plan, you'll make it a priority.

I am so confused that this can't be shared with my partner. I thought that was the whole point of the website.

• Sarah K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The website should allow for both partners to login, make changes, and receive RSVP notifications. While I've shared my login information with my partner so he can access it equally, he doesn't receive RSVP information or any other notifications from the knot. In essentially all cases two people are getting married - it only makes sense for two people to get equal and easy access to theknot for planning purposes!

• Sarah K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The website should allow for both partners to login, make changes, and receive RSVP notifications. While I've shared my login information with my partner so he can access it equally, he doesn't receive RSVP information or any other notifications from the knot. In essentially all cases two people are getting married - it only makes sense for two people to get equal and easy access to theknot for planning purposes!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base