What's your idea for The Knot?

[Wedding Website] I'd still like the option for side navigation on my wedding website.

I really dislike the new way that the wedding websites are laid out. It seems silly to have to scroll through the information, rather than click the sections. Why did you take away the side sections (or at least have an option to select the layout)? The headers at the top that have the drop down menus are hard to read with the layout designs there are. The old websites were much better organized and easier to read. I'm seriously considering julding my own site and abandoning this one.

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexandraAlexandra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  KristaAdminKrista (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Thanks,
    Katie

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AmandaAmanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came to The Knot specifically because my friends had lovely older websites. Was so frustrated to find the sidebar gone and I'm seemingly incapable of appreciating your existing designs. Why no updates on this? It's easy to say you'll do this "in the future" and then never respond with an update on when :(

• MicheleMichele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the plan for the sidebar option still going to happen? I've seen the older version and also agree that design is better than the current options to work with.

• K + MK + M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We picked the Knot for our website because we liked the way a friend's website looked---from before the changes. We're so disappointed with the lack of sidebar, the inability to size pictures, the poor use of white space between sections.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future."

8 month later, katie, what is happenning?

• JennyJenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really enjoyed the old layout of the side navigation options. Everything fit easily without having to scroll. We would have never chosen the knot to host our wedding website if this side navigation options weren't available because we both really dislike the current style and the look/layout plays a very large part of which site we chose.

• ReneeRenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone know if another website has the side navigation versus this one? I hate having to scroll through everything. Also, how can you change the picture sizes of the bridal party - the circles are way to small and cut off some of the faces in the photo.

• PatriciaPatricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why the basic format couldn't have been maintained for anyone who currently has a website. I preferred my pages on the left side as well. I suppose the website looks "cleaner," but it isn't intuitive for anyone who is unfamiliar with the website.

I WANT the scroll down option as I find it easier for guests to see everything. Is this no longer an option on the knot?

Hi I would also like to have the navigation bar to click on each section and only have the first page have the welcome and picture. Do you think this will be changed back soon? Thanks!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree! I like being able to click on the sections. My other friends that just got married used the Knot because of this feature. If the navigation on the left does not come back I may be deleting my account and switching to the weddingwire

How do you change the website from everything being on the front page to things being tabbed on the left or on the top? I would like to make my website more organized and less messy. I really don't want everything on the front page. Please help with this.

I have trouble accessing my own website. I can't find it when I serach using the 'couple finder.' It's difficult to get into the 'website edit' mode.

Feedback and Knowledge Base