What's your idea for The Knot?

[Collaborative Account] Allowing fiance and/or parents to also access wedding website and all planning resources.

From what I can tell, the Knot does not really support a co-planning experience with your fiance. While I am a woman and so know more about the existence of site like the Knot, my fiance is extremely involved in our wedding planning, unlike the "old days," I guess, and it is really annoying that we can't have "couple" knot access. You should allow us to link our accounts so we can share some things, like the checklist and the wedding website, but not all things (like I can hide my groom gift inspiration board from him). Otherwise this feels very antiquated that he can't update our wedding website (without just logging into my account) or see our checklist and budget. And while obviously it could be anyone in a couple who has the main account, it seems like it seems to reinforce traditional gender norms and is not considerate of gay couples as well.

192 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Krista P.AdminKrista P. (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thanks so much for writing in! This is great feedback. We’ve heard similar feedback from others. Moving forward we are thinking about designing collaborative account for our couples.

Thanks again!

Krista

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christine SuChristine Su commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not going to use the knot until my partner can use it too. No way am I doing this myself, and I find the "feminine touch" references annoying, as is the assumption that the woman is doing all the planning. Sorry, deleting my account.

• Marie SmithMarie Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to list my wedding party on my wedding website. For me it helps to be able to list the people that will be apart of my special day.

• DannyDanny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable. You do know you're in the business of helping two people plan something, yeah?

• amyqlinamyqlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not completed?! It's ridiculous to (1) assume that one person is doing ALL of the wedding planning, likely the bride, and (2) to PROMOTE PASSWORD SHARING. Look at all of the cyber attacks we've had no only in our recent elections, but also on major websites like Yahoo. For a website that stores my entire close friends & family list, links me to vendors that have my credit card information stored, this is absolutely unacceptable. I decline to continue using your services.

• Steven PozzaSteven Pozza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this shared account capability? Would set your site above others and provide a great function.

• DesiDesi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding me? I just entered our combined guest list of 288 only to realize this exact problem. Switching to Wedding Wire now...thanks for wasting my time, The Knot :(

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on this with my fiance and my maid of honor and while we loved the idea of theknot - not being able to share this with all three is making it really hard.

• AmadaAmada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make collaborative accounts! My fiance and I are both working on the wedding and we find The Knot helpful but it is annoying that we can't both work on things at the same time. Thanks for considering this soon!

• RonnieRonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weddingwire.com allows this. We just hired a wedding planner, and gave us two sites to look at... this one and wedding wire..... and I'm shocked more and more reading all the ideas and comments that has been posted and voted on and still over a year later some tiny very low risk changes to your code/website haven't been implemented.

• kelseykelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this functionality available yet? Seems like its been over a year since first posted??

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just starting the process now was well. We have picked out rings, but my boyfriend is waiting for the perfect time to propose. I get emails from the knot with useful information I think he could use (ring insurance, how to purpose, who pays for pre-parties...). It would be nice if he could get the same emails and be involved in the planning process with me as he has a more flexible work schedule and will be doing a lot of the ground work for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!! Why isn't this standard for all wedding planning sites? My (same-***) partner and I are planning our wedding together, and it feels incredibly antiquated for us not to be able to collaborate on the same wedding without sharing passwords. We are going to keep looking for a wedding planning tool that will actually let us plan the wedding together.

• Kevin AsbellKevin Asbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. Having separate accounts and having people be able to have approved assigned roles would be outstanding.

Imagine how well you would be able to have more directed marketing to the bride and groom specifically if they have separate accounts. As an example, have the grooms section include the tux/suit selection and you can tie that to Men's Wearhouse or something. And then that information could be separately accessible by groomsmen.

Your site could be endlessly more effective and profitable.

• OliveOlive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be awesome if MOHs could be granted access to some of the planning stuff that the bride has access to (this could be a checkbox for them to mark if they'd WANT to grant access) to help her out!

• OliveOlive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has The Knot ever considered adding a section for Bridesmaids/MOHs? I'm the MOH in my friend's upcoming wedding, and I have ZERO idea of what my responsibilities are, or resources I can use -- really I have no idea how to go about any of the planning for bridal shower/bachelorette/etc. because I've never been in any other wedding!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let there be a join category for PARENTS of the couple...a lot of us do the research!! The only choice is "Bride" or "Groom". Also I have used this site to find vendors for parties..not just weddings.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base