The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portrait themes/templates for Wedding Websites

It would be great if you could create some templates or "themes" that allow you to use a portrait photo instead of ONLY landscape. I can't even create a website or use my engagement photo bc you only have the option of using landscape photos. Very disappointing! Please fix this right away!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• "Easy Ways to Document Your Photos & Video" should have included picshareparty.com, allowing guests to text photos to online gallery

"Easy Ways to Document Your Photos & Video" should have included picshareparty.com, which allows guests to text photos directly to an online gallery phone number. No login or app install is needed.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• Mobile friendly

I think some reconfiguration would really benefit your users. I don't see a mobile friendly link that adjusts your site to fit a smaller screen. I'm having to scroll sideways to be able to see all the content that is posted. I love the stuff you have available but I'm getting frustrated with not being able to see it all in the same frame.

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
          XO,
          Meuy

• Hello, I was wondering if there is an option to make a reception website (instead of a wedding website)?

So I made paper wedding invites but I was interested in making e-invites or a website for the reception. I love the ideas and concept on "the knot" but noticed that I can't change any of the titles. For example, from "wedding" to "reception" instead. Is there any way I can only include reception details and now wedding ones?

Thanks

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Hashtag

Provide a space under the couples name on the wedding website for them to add their wedding hashtag. This way all the guests know exactly what the hashtag is prior to entering the wedding.

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • [Vendors] I would like to be able to send an image in my messages when replying back to inquiries.

I would like to be able to send photos or pages/images to people who are inquiring about my services. Is there not a way to do this?

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Good news! This feature is on our roadmap and we are planning to support it by the beginning of next year.

Have a great weekend!

Krista

• For The Knot App - Website editing

I did not see a way to add a website page or a way to add a photo of the wedding party members while using The Knot mobile app. I was only able to from a desktop computer. I thought it would be a good addition to have this available on the app as well.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                  XOXO,
                  Meuy

• Don't send out specials for booking a wedding at Trump winery

It's incredibly offensive to send out email offers for booking a wedding at Trump winery. You'll be alienating alot of users, including myself.

I don't want to know about weddings at Trump winery and I would never consider booking any event there. Many people who live in the Charlottesville area feel the same way.

Save yourself from losing users by not sending updates about them. You could even remove them as a vendor. No one wants this.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Disability Inclusive

Articles including tips and ideas for disabled brides and grooms would be incredibly helpful. As someone who is not able bodied, wedding planning has been stressful from can I wear a full length dress, what if I have to use my walker down the aisle, to what if my energy won't last the entire day. I know I can't be the only one. Including disabilities from having Autism, being deaf or blind, along with physical and other mental disabilities would be great.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                      XOXO,
                      Meuy

• Ability to add a Google photo album link to the photos page

You have facebook, Instagram, but no Google Photos! Even just allowing me to add a link to the page would be great, like the normal text editor of other pages.

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                        XOXO,
                        Meuy

• new website less intuative

Your new website builder seems less intuitive than the previous one for both creator and user. The scroll down page instead of a sidebar is rather irritating as well as how much less control you have over page creation and layout. As someone who has used other website builders I think I will move to a platform that allows more freedom. Also, why did you get rid of so many of the backgrounds, I thought the one on my old site was beautiful and now most of them are very bland. Finally, your new program seems rather buggy, I was…

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Thank You Note Option The Knot App

The Knot app for iPhone needs to be able to keep track of to whom one has written thank yous. Seems like this can only be done on a desktop, which defeats the purpose of the mobile app!

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • No Final Hair Appointment?

Hi, The budgeter and checklist both include a hair trial, but neither list contain a place for the final hair appointment. There is a "nail and spa" check for nails and pampering, but in no section is there a place for the actual final wedding hair appointment. That means that this doesn't have a place on the timeline, and it is also not included in the budget with a recommended spending amount. Are you able to add this, please? Thanks!

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Sharing our wedding website

Hello! I've been so impressed and thankful for the features on The Knot, but there's been one hiccup that has proved really frustrating: When I shared my wedding website with friends via email, the sender is listed as The Knot Guest Services. Not only is this not ideal, I've had several guests almost delete the email because of the sender and several more miss it entirely. It’s been a rather annoying ordeal in an otherwise wonderful The Knot experience.

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                XOXO,
                                Meuy

• Guest List Manager

It would be amazing if the export list was able to download with guests being organized alphabetically by households. Additionally, if a guest has entered their contact information through the site, it does not include those guests in the exported list. This doesn't help when addressing invites for the wedding or any events associated with the wedding.
                                Additionally, it would be helpful when a guest enters their contact information for the system to not duplicate the guest, but to have name recognition so that when a guest already exists on the list their contact information is populated to the pre-existing…

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Meuy

• Marking a gift as "fulfilled" when previously noted as "unavailable"

I bought a gift listed on one of your couple's website gift registry as "unavailable" by calling the store listed directly and finding it was NOT available online but was at that point a clearance item and I bought it directly from the store and had it sent. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to notate that on your website so it reads they still need the item when they don't. Is there a way to correct this?

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sending in this feedback. Since we are just a holding place for the retailer information, we actually do not have a way to mark this on The Knot/The Bump without the retailer being involved. Some retailers are starting to add a feature to their sites where you can mark a registry item as purchased even when it didn’t go directly through the registry links. Amazon and Walmart are two examples of this. Please send us a quick email at newtools@theknot.com to let me know which retailer you went through and the couple that this was purchased for and we will see if we can get this corrected for you.

XOXO,
                                    Keri

• I need your address

There is a website call ineedyouraddress.com It allows you to use a link to your personal wedding page so that people can put in their address and information! It was a life saver when it came to combining addresses! I have suggested it to everyone I know. However, I would have loved to take the list from that website and be able to convert it into a guest list in theknot! Or be able to take the guest from the knot and put it in ineedyouraddress because they will create a PDF so you can print the labels for your…

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                      XOXO,
                                      Meuy

• Fonts Preview: update in settings area

In the change theme settings page, where you can choose fonts and colors, the font of the sample text should update instantly like the color does. Choosing each one blindly and clicking preview is a lot of extra clicking.

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                        XOXO,
                                        Meuy

• It would be nice to easily see who has RSVP Yes and No (I can only find it on my phone not)as well as separate who is coming to the ceremony

It would be nice to easily see who has RSVP Yes and No (I can only find it on my phone not) as well as separate who is coming to the ceremony vs reception

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                          XOXO,
                                          Meuy

• It would be super helpful if there was some sort of search function (or more easily accessible search function) for the knot blogs/articles.

It would be super helpful if there was some sort of search function (or more easily accessible search function) for the knot blogs/articles. There are certain things that I am having a difficult time finding without a search function (i.e. advice to pick a wedding band or DJ)

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                            XOXO,
                                            Meuy

1 2 9 11 13 17 18
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base