TheKnot.com Ideas + Feedback

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. vowel renewal ceremonies

Information targeted toward vowel renewal ceremonies would be really helpful as the planning is much different. For example I am looking for a ceremony location that will be for a small intimate crowd rather than the large wedding we had 10 years ago.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Re; Stone House, LC, RI

You should know that beautiful as this venue IS, there is currently a lot of local pushback & that they are actually in litigation with the town & many residents over the hosting of weddings. Parking nightmares, local families constantly making noise complaints, no access to clubs or beaches, except by foot..among other things. I wouldn't want to book a wedding there while all this is going on. You should think twice about promoting it at the moment.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • What defines a "party" or "party leader" under the GLM page? Nowhere is it explained.

Please define what is meant by the terms "party" and "party leader" in the GLM. And what does the statement that all +1 invites need to be a party leader. Totally confused.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for asking this question. I also agree it can be a bit confusing. We are looking forward to actually changing this in our new Guest List update this summer – so I can tell you to watch for that.

But for now, Party Leader is basically the head of household for that group of guests. For example… If you invite Uncle Bob and Aunt Suzi and their two children, then Uncle Bob may be the Party Leader. This way you can sort the list (after you export the list) by the Party Leader to be reminded that he had 4 people in his party. This is helpful when you start looking at sending invitations and doing seating charts.

We hope that in the future we can use Household as our key word and I believe it will make much more sense.

XOXO,
          Keri

• Editable budget categories

I wish there were a way to re-name the budget categories or add more information. For instance, I wanted to go back and look at the detail of what was included in "tips for vendors" but could only look at the lump sum.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking time to leave this feedback. I have sent this request over to our Product Design team for review. We are looking at all the feedback at our new Checklist and hope that you will continue to see improvements and adjustments in the new year to make this tool even better.

XOXO,
            Keri

• Add a charity

Blind Dog Rescue Alliance of US and Canada

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
              XOXO,
              Meuy

• Link Pinterest Boards to the Favorites

Is there any way we can add or upload images to our favorites board?

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                XOXO,
                Meuy

• Filters for dress browsing- make it so that you can select more than one search option in each search category

It would be great if when browsing dresses, we could select more than one parameter for example price- I would like to see all dresses from $500-$1200 but as it is I can only look at dresses from 500-799 or whatever it is. For all parameters it would be great to select more than one option within a category. Thanks! :D

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Location is incorrect in couple search

Reported Issue:
                    Location is not correct for my results in Couple Search

Issue/Bug Status:
                    Our Tech team has prioritized this bug and is working on a solution this week (week of March 13th). We know that the location being different causes many questions from your guests and we really want to get this fixed soon for you. Thank you for your patience. Please go ahead and leave a comment here if you want us to make sure your account is corrected once the fix is in place.

XOXO,
                    Keri

Customer Experience Team

0 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Not able to add all of my Vendors to my Checklist or Budgeter.

From The Knot:

Right now our Checklist/Budgeter is undergoing an amazing transformation. Instead of having 2-3 lists to track we are getting them put into one place so you can easily keep your checklist alive with all your details. Most of the time you are going to find your vendor on our list to add them into the details and check that to-do off your list.

We do know there are some vendors that are not on our list yet. Many times you will find them through our Google search, but there are a few that are not going to…

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

From The Knot:

Right now our Checklist/Budgeter is undergoing an amazing transformation. Instead of having 2-3 lists to track we are getting them put into one place so you can easily keep your checklist alive with all your details. Most of the time you are going to find your vendor on our list to add them into the details and check that to-do off your list.

We do know there are some vendors that are not on our list yet. Many times you will find them through our Google search, but there are a few that are not going to come up in either way. We do not have a way for you to manually add these Vendor names – yet. This is definitely something we are looking at for 2017 and we hope to get your feedback – and votes – here in the forum so we can let…

• My Checklist is missing from the app! - Help!!

Many of our members have seen that their checklist either looks like it is missing or has reverted to an original place where nothing is checked off. So sorry for that! We did find a fix and here is how you can get your list back. Please delete the app from your mobile device and then find it fresh in the App Store. Download it and log back into your account. The original version of your checklist should now be restored. Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks for your patience!
                        XOXO,
                        Keri
                        Customer Experience Manager

0 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Many of our members have seen that their checklist either looks like it is missing or has reverted to an original place where nothing is checked off. So sorry for that! We did find a fix and here is how you can get your list back. Please delete the app from your mobile device and then find it fresh in the App Store. Download it and log back into your account. The original version of your checklist should now be restored. Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks for your patience!
                          XOXO,
                          Keri
                          Customer Experience Manager

• I Do Foundation - archiving this charity

We're wanted to let you know that the I Do Foundation has officially married JustGive and is taking their last name. As a result, the I Do Foundation charities are no longer available for selection as part of The Knot Gifts Back program and will be removed from any account where it is currently active. If you would still like your registry to support a charity, please select a new organization by visiting The Knot Gifts Back page to edit your selection.

We wish you all the best.

Your Customer Experience Team

0 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Knotties!

We’re wanted to let you know that the I Do Foundation has officially married JustGive.org and is taking their last name. As a result, the I Do Foundation charities are no longer available for selection as part of The Knot Gifts Back program and will be removed from any account where it is currently active (your account is affected). If you would still like your registry to support a charity, please select a new organization by visiting The Knot Gifts Back page to edit your selection.

We wish you all the best.

Your Customer Experience Team

• Target Registry is not linking to my account

My Target registry is not linking to my account on The Knot or The Bump. Please help!

0 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now we are working with Target and their team, as we have found that many registries are not coming over to our system and linking to your individual accounts, as they should have done already.  We are very sorry for the frustration this is causing.  

We are looking at this urgently and hope to have a fix in place no later than the first week of October. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

XOXO,
                              Keri

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base